Anti-inflammatory/Immunity Booster/ Pre-work out Shot
- 4oz of fresh pressed Key Lime juice or (4 oz of Organic Persian Lime juice ) or sub Organic Lemon juice
- 2 oz of fresh pressed organic ginger juice
- 2 oz of fresh pressed organic turmeric juice
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground organic black pepper
- 4 Tbs Organic Cold Pressed Hemp Seed Oil
- Organic Cayenne pepper (to taste)
( makes 4 servings)
Tools and Preparation
-Cold Press Slow Masticating Juicer
(Pure, Omega, Nama, GreenStar
-Sharp Chefs Knife or Paring Knife
Use a *Cold Pressed Slow masticating Juicer* You want to retain as much of the vitamins and minerals. High speed juicers create heat and immediately start to oxidize your juices. This may be ok if you immediately drink the juice but you will not be able to store extra juice in your fridge for a couple of days.
(ex: Pure, Omega, Nama, Green Star)
Whatever your budget allows for. Keep in mind different juicers will give you different yields of juice extracted. So the raw ingredient amounts may be slightly different depending on your juicer. Always follow your juicer’s manufacture’s directions and recommendations. I like to always have extra produce than I think I might need…
If you end up with extra juice by the end? Fantastic! DRINK MORE JUICE!
- Wash and remove skin from the ginger and turmeric.
- Next cut ginger and turmeric into 1-2 inch chucks and slowly feed into juicer
- Next wash and Cut your limes into 1/4’s with peel on. You can remove peels if you prefer (skins may be slightly bitter but why waste the added health benefits?)
- Slowly feed your citrus ingredients into your juicer.
- Combine all juice into a glass mason jar with a lid Shake well and serve in 2oz shot glass. Add 1 Tbs of hemp seed oil per shot and 1/8 tsp black pepper per shot. Season to taste with cayenne.
- Enjoy with 3 family members/friends… Or safe it for yourself. Store in sealed jar in fridge for up to 3 days. (Fresh is best!)
Benefits of Turmeric
-Rich with powerful antioxidants that neutralize free radicals.
-Stimulates the body’s natural detoxifying process.
-Aids in digestion.
-Improves blood circulation and clotting, helping reverse the heart disease process.
-Curcumin, the yellow pigment in the spice, kills and stops the growth of cancer cells.
***TURMERIC & BLACK PEPPER***
The absorption of Turmeric is heavily minimized when black pepper isn’t present. Black pepper contains a compound called Piperine, a substance that enhances the absorption of Curcumin (a product of turmeric) by 2,000%.
Benefits of Ginger
-Rich with antioxidants that neutralize free radicals.
-Aids in the digestion of food.
-Helps relieve nausea and upset stomach, especially morning sickness.
-Boosts the immune system.
-Supports metabolism health.
-iLowers blood sugars and improves heart disease risk factors
Benefits of Limes
-Improve Heart Health
-Help Fight Against Cancer
-Enhance Weight Loss
-Aid in Kidney Stone Prevention
-Increase Iron Absorption